Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Shows

I spent this weekend watching various local Christmas performances, which is a great way to support your community and get into the spirit of Christmas.


The first was the Worthington Chorus' Christmas production. The auditorium was packed with people, probably because there were several children involved and all of their family members turned out to hear them sing. One little girl was particularly enthusiastic and went through every cute kid pose she could think of during the applause. This choir is overall pretty good, and there are a few singers who are particularly talented. My favorite is Ashleigh Brown who usually has an impressive solo and always appears to be having a great time on stage.


I first began going to their shows because my friend and co-worker Tim Brewer is in the chorus. It is because of him that I took my mom to Whetstone High School on Sunday to see the Clintonville band and choir perform. The band was impressive, although I felt the introductions before each song were unnecessary and that they delayed the show.

When I was in high school I was in choir and we did an annual Christmas concert. I looked forward to these shows because they were an excellent way to get into the spirit of Christmas. I recommend you seek out one or more of them in your town to round out the holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment